Allegra/Telfast Information UNAVAILABLE
Telfast 120 relieves symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis (Hayfever), such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose, and burning or itchy eyes. Telfast 120 may also be used to relieve symptoms associated with a skin condition called urticaria; these symptoms include itching, redness and lumps on the skin called hives. Telfast belongs to a class of medicines know as antihistamines. Antihistamines help reduce the allergic symptoms by preventing the effects of a substance called histamine, which is produced by the body.
Fast acting 24 hour treatment for seasonal allergies (hayfever) Hayfever is the common name for an allergic reaction of the nose, throat and eyes. It is caused by an allergy to things such as pollen from plants. Hayfever usually happens at about the same time each year, eg in spring or summer. This is when there is a lot of pollen in the air because many grasses, weeds or trees are flowering. However some people have hayfever all year. This is usually caused by an allergy to animals, dust mites, temperature change, chemical fumes or food. Things that cause allergies are called allergens.
When allergens enter the nose, throat or eyes, special cells called mast cells become active (like volcano erupting). These cells release many substances, including histamine, which cause symptoms such as:
- Runny or blocked nose
- Itchy nose
- Watery, puffy, itchy, bleary or red eyes
- Tickly or burning feeling in your throat or roof of the mouth
- Itchy ears (inside)
Adults and children 12 years and over
Take one tablet daily
Each tablet contains : 120mg Fexofenadine Hydrochloride
Precautions and Contraindications:
Known hypersensitivity to fexofenadine or any of the ingredients.
Do not use during pregnancy or lactation except on medical advice.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store below 25°C.
- Avoid the things that you know you are allergic to. Keep a diary of where and when you get hayfever, especially with plants or flowers eg. Pine tree or grass pollen
- Keep your home and car windows closed during windy days or when the pollen season is high
- Avoid mowing lawns or walking in long grass. Wear sunglasses and face masks when necessary
- Reduce house dust mite by vacuuming often and shampooing the carpet regularly. Hot-wash your bedding material
- Wear a face mask when vacuuming
- Keep pets outdoors and vacuum their hair or fur off the floor or furniture
- Keep your house, car and workplace smoke-free
- Avoid dry dusting - instead use a damp cloth to wipe over surfaces
- Avoid sudden changes in temperature - wear warm clothes and maintain the temperature of your surrounding
- Use your preventer medicines regularly. Start them a few days before the start of the pollen season if you get seasonal hayfever