Alanase(Beconase equalivent) Nasal Spray is used for the short term treatment and the prevention of seasonal allergic rhinitis (nasal inflammation), including hayfever. It works by reducing swelling and inflammation in the nose. Alanase(Beconase equalivent) can be used throughout the hay fever season to treat the common symptoms of hay fever such as sneezing and a runny, itchy or blocked-up nose. When your nose is cleared the pressure and pain around your nose is also reduced.
Adults and children over 12yrs: Initially one or two sprays in each nostril twice daily, then after 2 to 3 days one spray into each nostril twice daily. Maintain regular dosage, clinical response not for a few days.
Beclomethasone Dipropionate B.P 50mcg.
The following can affect your treatment:
- Recent nasal surgery
- Underactive adrenal gland
- Nasal or sinus infection
- Respiratory infection
- Nose injury
- Viral infection
- Tendency toward blood clotting disorders or a history of nose bleeds.
- Needed with breast feeding as this drug will pass into the breast milk.
- This medicine should not be used for longer than SIX months without your doctors advice.
- This medicine should not be used in children under SIX years of age. Possible side effects:Although medicines have side-effects, most people do not experience any. If you experience any side effects please contact us or your doctor.
- Headache If severe or ongoing
- Taste or smell problems If worrying
- Nosebleeds - For investigation promptly
- Eyesight problems - For treatment immediately
- Itching of nose/throat/ears .
If you develop wheezing, difficulty breathing, itchy skin or swelling of the tongue, lips, face or neck (Allergic reaction)